Friday, September 24 @ 8 pm
Sunday, September 26 @ 2 pm
Doors open 30 minutes before the performance
St John the Divine, 1611 Quadra Street, Victoria
The acclaimed Canadian tenor Isaiah Bell joins the Victoria Baroque for a banquet of Bach’s tenor arias, featuring exquisite instrumental and vocal writing from Bach’s finest sacred cantatas and the “Benedictus” from the Mass in B minor.
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685–1750)
Aria Ich traue seiner Gnaden from Cantata BWV 97
Aria Wo wird in diesem Jammertale from Cantata BWV 114
Cantabile from Violin Sonata BWV 1019a
Aria Ermuntre dich from Cantata BWV 180
Largo from Organ Trio BWV 526 transcription
Aria Ich eile, die Lehren from Cantata BWV 148
Aria Benedictus from the Mass in B minor BWV 232
Aria So schnell ein rauschend Wasser fließt from Cantata BWV 26
Tickets On Sale Now
Tickets are $30 general admission and $15 for students and youth (youth under 12 must be accompanied by adult guardian). You can purchase tickets through Eventbrite by clicking on the dates below. Any tickets not sold online will be available for purchase at the door.
St. John’s is wheelchair accessible through the Garden doors on the north side of the church. We can arrange easily accessible seating. Please email Victoriafirstname.lastname@example.org before noon on Friday, September 24 to make arrangements for either concert.
Victoria Baroque COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Please find our COVID Safety Plan for the upcoming fall season. We intend to operate with these protocols in place throughout the fall unless health orders change:
- Proof of Vaccination – as per the Public Health Order, entry to Victoria Baroque concerts will require proof of vaccination for persons 12 years of age and older.
- Ticket buyers will be required to attest that they have proof of vaccination at the time of purchase. They will also need to show proof and government-issued picture ID when entering the venue.
- Attendees are seated 2 meters apart with people in the same ‘bubble’ seated together. Youth under the age of 12 are required to be seated with a vaccinated guardian.
- Audience sizes are capped at 75 people, about 20% capacity of St. John the Divine, to allow for distanced seating.
- Following BC’s mask mandate at indoor public places, masks will be mandatory for the full duration of the concert.
- There will be hand sanitizer and extra masks available at the door.
- Concerts will be about 60 minutes long and will be performed without an intermission. No concession will be offered, but personal bottled water will be permitted.
- Anyone who has or has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, has arrived from outside of Canada, or has been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, will be asked to stay home.
- Guests are encouraged to leave immediately following the concert to avoid congregating in large groups.
All Programmes are subject to change, as we are closely following the Covid-19 pandemic and any changes to the provincial restrictions.