Music for the Pause
An online concert series of 11 concerts, co-presented by Victoria Baroque, Early Music Society of the Islands, Early Music Vancouver, Pacific Baroque Series, and Christ Church Cathedral, Victoria.
Enjoy these concerts are each Friday at 7:30 PM from July 3rd to September 11th from our Facebook page.
Each concert will be viewable for one week following its release.
July’s Music for the Pause programme includes:
Program No. 1 – July 3, 7:30PM – Violin Virtuosi
- Telemann Concertos No 1 & 3 for four violins
- Guillemain Sonata for two violins in A minor
- Leclair Sonata for two violins in C major
- Guignon Les Sauvages
Program No. 2 – July 10, 7:30PM – Virtuoses de Paris
- Marin Marais Pieces en Trio Suite No.1
- Telemann Paris Quartet Sonata No.2
- Hotteterre Brunette ‘Vous qui faite votre modelle’ for solo flute
- Leclair Deuxième Récréation de Musique
Program No. 3 – July 17, 7:30 PM – Mad Italians
- Corelli Sonata in C Major
- Frescobaldi Toccata 1 for solo keyboard
- Vivaldi Violin Sonata in G minor
- Scarlatti Sonatas for Keyboard K23 & 24
- Corelli “Follia”
Program No. 4 – July 24, 7:30 PM – Birds, Beasts, and Fantasies
- Telemann Fantasia for solo flute No.1
- Telemann Gulliver’s Suite for two violins
- Hotteterre Air de M. De Bousset & Echos for solo flute
- Rebel ‘Bird Suite’ from Les Élémens
- Biber Sonata Representativa
Program No. 5 – July 31, 7:30 PM – Stylus Fantasticus
- Schmelzer Sonata in F Major for two violins and continuo
- Buxtehude Sonata in Minor for violin and continuo
- Schmelzer Sonata Quarta in D Major
- Buxtehude Sonata a 3 in G Major
The concerts will remain viewable for one week following the release.
While access to the concerts is free, viewers are encouraged to donate to the project. All proceeds will go directly to paying the artists whose incomes have been disproportionately impacted by the pandemic.