Music for the Pause
An online concert series of 11 concerts, co-presented by Victoria Baroque, Early Music Society of the Islands, Early Music Vancouver, Pacific Baroque Series, and Christ Church Cathedral, Victoria.
Enjoy these concerts each Friday at 7:30 PM from July 3 to September 11 from our Facebook Live page and on the Music for the Pause YouTube channel. Each concert will be available for one week after the release.
August and September’s Music for the Pause programme includes:
Music for the Pause Program No. 6
August 7, 7:30 PM – Mozart and Friends
- Hoffmeister Duo for Violin and Viola, Op. 13, No. 6 in D Major
- Bruni Duo for Violin and Viola, Op. 4, No. 1 in B Flat Major
- Hoffmeister Duo for Violin and Viola, Op. 13, No. 3 in F major
- Mozart Duo for Violin and Viola, No. 1 in G Major
Plus an interview with conductor and pianist Yannick Nezet-Seguin.
Music for the Pause Program No. 7
August 14, 7:30 PM – French Baroque Rivals
Tyson Doknjas & Chloe Kim
- Boismortier Selections from Sonates en Trio Sans Basses Op. 7
- Leclair Sonata No. 6, Op. 3 in D Major for Two Violins
- Guillemain Sonata No. 2, Op. 4 in D Minor for Two Violins
- Nicola Canzano Selections from Fourth Assortment in G minor, Les Goûts-Redivisés
- Guignon Les Folies D’Espagne Op. 9
Plus an interview with baroque violinist Rachel Podger.
Music for the Pause Program No. 8
August 21, 7:30 PM – German Winds
- Fasch Quartet in D
- Bach Trio in F transcribed for flute, violin and bassoon BWV 1040
- Schaffrath Trio for violin, bassoon and basso continuo in Bb
- Bach Andante from organ trio BWV 528 transcribed for flute and organ
- Telemann Quartet in E minor
Plus an interview with director and keyboard player Steven Devine.
Music for the Pause Program No. 9
August 28, 7:30 PM – Mozart and Bach’s Grandson
- Mozart Flute Quartet in C
- Wilhelm Friedrich Ernst Bach Trio in G major
- Mozart Flute Quartet in D
Plus an interview with viola player Joanna Hood.
Music for the Pause Program No. 10
September 4, 7:30 PM – Meditations on Solo Bach
- Prelude – Suite in D Minor
- Adagio – Sonata No. 1 in G Minor, BWV 1001
- Allemande – Suite No. 6 in D Major, BWV 1012
- Sarabanda – Partita No. 2 in D Minor, BWV 1004
- Grave – Sonata No. 2 in A Minor, BWV 1003
- Andante – Sonata No. 2 in A Minor, BWV 1003
- Courante – Suite No. 6 in D Major, BWV 1012 Largo – Sonata No. 3 in C Major, BWV 1005
Plus an interview with Julliard’s Avi Stein.
Music for the Pause Program No. 11
September 11, 7:30 PM – Bach and Biber
- Biber Partia V in G minor from Harmonia artificiosa-ariosa
- J.S. Bach Continuo Sonata in E Minor, BWV 1023
- J.S. Bach Ciaccona BWV 1004 Arrangement by Jeanne Lamon
Plus an interview with Tafelmusik’s Director Emerita Jeanne Lamon.
The concerts will remain viewable for one week following the release.
Supporting Baroque Music in Victoria
While access to the concerts is free, donations are essential for projects such as this. All proceeds will go directly to the artists whose incomes have been seriously impacted by the pandemic. Tax receipts will be issued.
Donations towards this series can be made at: