Saturday October 17th
Victoria Baroque commences its 10th anniversary season with some of the finest chamber music from 18th-century Paris. Join Victoria Baroque Artistic Director, flutist Soile Stratkauskas, Tafelmusik’s Director Emerita Jeanne Lamon, and continuo dream-team cellist Christina Mahler and harpsichordist Christina Hutten for dazzling French dance suites and one of Telemann’s famed Paris Quartets.
M Marais: Pieces en Trio Suite N.1 in C major
GP Telemann: Paris Quartet Sonata No.2 in G minor
J-M Leclair: Deuxième Récréation de Musique
Élisabeth Jacquet de La Guerre: Suite for harpsichord in A minor
We are following the protocols set out by our host venue, St. John the Divine Church. These are:
- No more than 50 people may be in the church at any time.
- Please do not attend If you have had symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cold, flu-like, etc.) in the last 10 days, arrived from outside Canada, or had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- We will confirm your contact information as we check you in.
- Designated social distance seating is marked in the pews
- Please enter through the Garden doors on the north side of the church.
- Please arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to the performance.
- There will be no intermission or CD sales.
- If you require accessible seating and have not made arrangements already, please email Victoriaemail@example.com before noon on the day prior to the concert.
- Face coverings must be worn for entry to the building and in all common areas at all times. These may be removed at your discretion once seated if physical distancing is maintained.
- At the end of the performance, you may leave by either the Quadra Street or Garden doors. Please maintain physical distancing and let the people closest to the exits go first.
- Patrons are asked not to remain in the building after the concert and are not allowed in the backstage area.
Seating is spaced out to ensure physical distancing. Tickets bought in the same transaction will be seated together as a bubble. If you are not in a bubble, do not combine the purchase of multiple tickets in the same transaction.
Programmes are subject to change