Friday November 6th – 7:30 pm
Saturday November 7th – 3 pm
A soulful selection of profound sacred motets in tune with the shadows of the troubling times with the radiance of hope and optimism. Sublime music by Bach and his predecessors performed by an octet of some of Victoria’s premier voices.
Motets, chorales, and sacred songs by JS Bach, JE Bach, Schutz, Schein, and Schelle.
St John’s Consort
Kyla Fradette, Gina Johnson, Anne van der Sloot, soprano
Alana Hayes, Char Hodgkins, alto
Timothy Carter, Alex Chen, tenor
Nathan McDonald, Rowan McWilliams, bass
Natalie Mackie, violone
David Stratkauskas, director and chamber organ
We are following the protocols set out by our host venue, St. John the Divine Church. These are:
- No more than 50 people may be in the church at any time.
- Please do not attend If you have had symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cold, flu-like, etc.) in the last 10 days, arrived from outside Canada, or had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- We will confirm your contact information as we check you in.
- Designated social distance seating is marked in the pews
- Please enter through the Garden doors on the north side of the church.
- Please arrive no earlier than 20 minutes before the performance as the doors will not open until 15 minutes before the start. There are only 40 audience members in totlal so all seats have excellent views and acoustics.
- We have a list of the ticket holders so you do not need to bring your booking confirmation with you.
- There will be no intermission or CD sales.
- If you require accessible seating and have not made arrangements already, please email Victoriafirstname.lastname@example.org before noon on the day prior to the concert.
- Face coverings must be worn for entry to the building and in all common areas at all times. These may be removed at your discretion once seated if physical distancing is maintained.
- At the end of the performance, you may leave by either the Quadra Street or Garden doors. Please maintain physical distancing and let the people closest to the exits go first.
- Patrons are asked not to remain in the building after the concert and are not allowed in the backstage area.
Seating is spaced out to ensure physical distancing. Tickets bought in the same transaction will be seated together as a bubble. If you are not in a bubble, do not combine the purchase of multiple tickets in the same transaction.
Programmess are subject to change