July 16-23 2022 – In Person
Registration is open now. Late applications are accepted for all instruments and voice types except soprano.
Information on registering for the program or the audit stream is available on the VCM site.
An intensive training program in baroque performance on period instruments. This course is for students already experienced in baroque instruments, as well as those with no prior experience. The program welcomes music students, professional musicians, and advanced amateurs. Instruction is available for strings, woodwinds, harpsichord, and voice. Ensembles are formed according to the students’ level and prior experience and students may work on solo repertoire in private lessons and masterclasses.
This program is an exciting opportunity to immerse oneself in baroque performance, and develop one’s technical and stylistic understanding and ensemble skills in a focused and friendly environment, led by leading early music specialists from the West Coast and beyond.
The Program includes:
- Ensembles and chamber music
- Private and group lessons
- Performance opportunities
NEW THIS YEAR:
- BAROQUE FOR SINGERS: Career-track singers over the age of 18 are welcome to apply. Singers will receive private coaching and lessons, opportunities for singing in masterclasses and a vocal ensemble (one-per-part), and perform a solo aria with a baroque ensemble.
- AUDITING: open to anyone for both instrumental and vocal streams. Access to masterclasses, group classes, student and faculty concerts, and ensemble rehearsals.
Soile Stratkauskas, Artistic Director
Chloe Meyers; violin
Christi Meyers; violin
Elyssa Lefurgey-Smith; violin
Mieka Michaux; viola
Martin Bonham; cello and viol
Christina Mahler; cello
Christina Hutten; harpsichord
Soile Stratkauskas; flute
Katrina Russell; bassoon
Curtis Foster; oboe and recorder
Marco Vitale; harpsichord and vocal coach
Vicki St Pierre; voice
Suzie LeBlanc; voice